Defensive Driving Tips
A safe driver is a defensive driver. Check out the list of defensive driving tips below:
- Always have your mirrors set properly for your blind spot.
- Stay alert and keep your eyes moving.
- Be aware of the cars and drivers around you, front, back, and on both sides.
- Eliminate distractions like cell phone usage.
- Resist road rage by staying calm.
- Keep a safe following distance and increase this distance in bad weather conditions.
- Plan for the unexpected.
To sign up for a defensive driving course visit the National Safety Council site for a class near you.